[kwlug-disc] DuckDuckGo.com -- an alternate search engine

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Jul 26 23:46:52 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Chris Frey <cdfrey at foursquare.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 10:06:39PM -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> > http://duckduckgo.com/
>
> I tried searching using the front page... and was dismayed to find that
> it requires Javascript.
>
> A search engine should never require Javascript.  It's not that hard a job.

Me too, initially. I am a fan of the NoScript FireFox extension.

But they have this zero click feature that works well, and requires
Javascript.

If I were to do it, it would degrade gracefully, with a warning that certain
features
would not work without Javascript.

Actually, I just sent them feedback to that effect. Please do the same ...
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.