[kwlug-disc] Wordpress themes must be GPL

Mon Jul 26 09:43:05 EDT 2010

On Monday, July 26, 2010 01:05:02 am unsolicited wrote:
> The question was: how does a (typical?) (GPL?) developer create a
> continuous revenue stream rather than having to continuously work?

Unless you go into the business of selling support or customization and then
herding a bunch of developers under you... no developer ever has a continuous
revenue stream without having to continuously work.

This isn't developer-centric either.  How does Dell create a continuous
revenue stream without having to continuously work?  How does a bricklayer
create a continuous revenue stream without having to continuously work?

Were you thinking something different? Maybe I don't understand your question.

-A.