[kwlug-disc] OT: Arduino shields

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Fri Jul 23 21:55:11 EDT 2010

Today 2010-07-23, Johnny Ferguson  wrote:
>I think I'm going to have to work on an IDE shield for my Arduino.
>Would save me from having to completely dismantle experiments each
>time I move on to the next one. Just put the projects on protoboard
>with an IDE header, plug and play.

A few months ago I showed some people at KWARTZLAB a wire-wrap
technique for constructing a "shield" using a protoboard.

The wirewrap technique - as well as other construction techniques -
is described in a very good paper available on Peter Hiscocks'
website: http://www.syscompdesign.com

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 Richard Weait, in response to a Q on
oscilloscopes, described Peter Hiscocks as a "friend of the LUG".

Thanks, Richard for the link to Peter's website. I was one of Peter's
students at RyeHigh back in the day.

Thanks
John Johnson
PS: Yes, I know this note is better suited for KWARTZLAB. (Hence the
"OT".) I have bcc-ed this email to KWARTZLAB.