[kwlug-disc] Apple Rocks! No linux tablets?

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 10:32:18 EDT 2010

My thought on what has been said:
I like Free software not because it is always better feature by feature, but because it is better on the main feature I care about: Freedom. Let's not fall in the trap of measuring success based on proprietary values, FLOSS has a different set of values.

OpenMoko didn't fail because it was "clunky" as it has been said. All prototypes are clunky. It "failed" because no one with deep pockets saw the opportunity and helped it grow. But ultimately, did it fail? I am not sure, it was a proof of concept and it proved it quite well. Were the first cars a failure because they were clunky?
Raul Suarez

Technology consultant

Software, Hardware and Practices

Twitter: rarsamx