[kwlug-disc] anyone with a cheap scope for sale?

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Fri Jul 16 08:05:25 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 7:44 AM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>  apparently, while it's not critically important, it might be handy
> for me to get a cheap scope for some embedded debugging.  anyone out
> there have one they're not using anymore?  i know precious little
> about scopes so i couldn't even judge whether something is decent or
> not.
>
>  thoughts?

Ah well, yes, a few.  ;-)

Anybody who suggested this should also suggest the 'scope bandwidth
that you'll need.  Scopes will lie to you if they have insufficient
bandwidth.  I'll presume that 2MHz is "good enough" since you asked
for inexpensive.

I think that you should call Peter (email above, details below) His
company makes 'scopes and generators that are inexpensive, functional
and Open.  I have some of their older gear.  The newer CGR-102 (kit
includes 'scope probes and other accessories) is a 'scope, signal
generator, etc all in one.  Looks good.

Peter has also given a presentation at KWLUG.  Combined with producing
Open Source lab gear and his interest in GPS, that clearly makes him a
"friend of the LUG".  ;-)

Best regards,
Richard

Peter Hiscocks
Syscomp Electronic Design Limited, Toronto
http://www.syscompdesign.com
USB Oscilloscope and Waveform Generator
647-839-0325