[kwlug-disc] proxy?

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Mon Jul 12 21:35:08 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
> My friend lives in China, and wants to surf facebook, but it's
> blocked. How can I set up a proxy so he can surf un-inhibited through
> my internet connection? Squid? Is there a good how-to on this subject?

Check out "The Onion Router".  Whatever solution you find you might want to make sure your friend's computer doesn't have to lookup facebook.com in DNS. It's not really anonymous browsing if the authorities can see what site's you are looking up.

--
John Van Ostrand
CTO, co-CEO

Linux Solutions / IBM Hardware