[kwlug-disc] backups capped at 2 gigs

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Mon Jul 12 13:12:15 EDT 2010

I've got a backup system running where I rsync my desktop over to a
backup server then I tar it up every night.

The tar seems to be capped at 2gigs.  Any idea on why that would be?  I
wonder if it's not the filesystem type.  I've got two large drives in
the backup server, one is set up as ext4 (that's where the tar is
happening) and the other is set up as linux native.  I don't know why I
set it up that way - could that be the problem, and what type of
filesystem should I be using?

--
Glenn Cooke
Insurance Squared Inc.