[kwlug-disc] You should definetivelly do an ignite talk!

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 12:04:54 EDT 2010

Thank you to the people that hung around to provide me with feedback for my "Happiness is a personal choice" ignite presentation dry run.

It allowed me to practice it with a live audience and provided very useful feedback.

The whole experience of preparing the presentation and attending the event was awesome.

I will send the link to the videos once they are online.

Knowing that there are very interesting and vocal people in the group I am sure that given the opportunity, you could do great Ignite presentation.

My topic was a very soft topic but the eclectic nature of the event means that whether you want to talk about Digital right, How to organize a conference, What's so cool about a hacker space, quantum entanglement or many other topics I've heard from people from the group, it will be interesting.

I know that they  are already accepting submissions for the November 2010 event

The only two rules are:
- The presentations must be 5 minutes, 20 slides, 15 seconds per slide
- No pitches, not even for worthy causes.

Note; I have no other association with Ignite than having presented last time.

If you have questions, let me know.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices