[kwlug-disc] Runaway Spam Assassin?

Kareem Shehata kshehata at aeryon.com
Thu Jul 8 15:30:42 EDT 2010

On 2010-07-08, at 13:51 , Kareem Shehata wrote:

> Anyone else having problems with Spam Assassin suddenly marking everything as spam?  As of yesterday, all of my list email from all lists is SPAM.

We found the offending rule.  From a note from my sysadmin:

FH_DATE_PAST_20XX The date is grossly in the future

It has a score of 3.2 and is triggered for all 2010 and beyond dates.  This is a bug in SpamAssassin that has been fixed in version 3.3.

For details, see:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/Rules/FH_DATE_PAST_20XX

So, if you're using Spam Assassin before v3.2, you may want to adjust your rules or upgrade to 3.3.

-kms

--
Kareem Shehata
kshehata at aeryon.com