[kwlug-disc] Mobile internet

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Fri Jul 2 16:36:54 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 12:29:51PM -0400, Insurance Squared Inc. wrote:
> 2) Better ways to do this?  i.e. I've got unlimited data on my
> blackberry storm, anyone ever tethered their blackberry to a linux
> laptop?  I think that doing so makes Bell grumpy, not sure if I care.

You could always install Barry. :-)

Install the barry-util package, and run 'pppd call <provider>' where
<provider> is one of the options files installed under /etc/ppp/peers.
Depending on your provider, the options may need a little tweaking.

Alternatively, you can connect your Blackberry via bluetooth without
any special blackberry interface software.  I haven't done this myself,
but I hear good reports.

Good luck,
- Chris