[kwlug-disc] Ubuntu's default search engine to change in dealwithYahoo

shane.msg at gmail.com shane.msg at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 11:50:25 EST 2010

What possible difference could it make to Ubuntu whether Firefox is shipped with either Google or Yahoo since it is installed with Ubuntu?  What other kinds of control does Google have over Firefox if they can control distribution rights?

Besides, with or without agreement, can't anyone, whether a person in fact or on paper, distribute Firefox since it's open source?   Maybe Yahoo finally realized which is the better browser.  Miracles are rare but they do happen.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.