[kwlug-disc] Adding (setting up) 2nd disk.

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 26 17:25:04 EST 2010

Depending on your distro you may do it differently but here it is what I would try:

Edit /etc/fstab to specify the entry for the second file system. There you can specify where to mount it in the primary file system

UUID=4706-0137      /media/secondDrive     ext3 defaults   0       2

(Using the UUID of the drive will reduce frustration if you move things around down the road)

You can then create the symlink

ln -s /media/SecondDrive/home /home
ln -s /media/SecondDrive/data /data

Raul Suarez