[kwlug-disc] Adding (setting up) 2nd disk.

Colin Mackay zixiekat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 15:28:11 EST 2010

Tue, you mount filesystems, my apologies.  But apparently, you can
mount a folder into another folder as well with "mount --bind /dir1
/dir2"

Found another link to explain it better:
http://aplawrence.com/Linux/mount_bind.html

As "unsolicited" stated (Sorry, can't recall the real name), he does
not want two file systems, just one with a "home" and a "data"
directory.  He then wants "home" to be his /home and "data" to be
/data.

So if he mounts /dev/sda2 into /mnt/drive2 and creates
/mnt/drive2/data and /mnt/drive2/home, he should then be able to use
"mount --bind /mnt/drive2/home /home" and "mount --bind
/mnt/drive2/data /data" to do what he wants.  He now has one partition
(with one file system) that has two directories.

Please, correct me if I am wrong, "unsolicited".