[kwlug-disc] Two ethernet ports - 1 in, 1 out

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Mon Jan 25 13:28:26 EST 2010

Boiling it down to 'what do I want to do', I suspect that'll illustrate
how stupid of a question I'm asking.  I now recall when i've seen this
done in the past that it was for security reasons, where one port faces
outside and another port faces outside.

The reason I was asking was really just for traffic issues - thinking
that if I had some network traffic and my voice traffic running though a
machine that perhaps having inbound traffic on one port and outbound on
another would prevent any possible traffic overloads.  But now I state
that explicitly, I suspect the answer is that there's not enough traffic
there to worry about.