[kwlug-disc] WAS: USB hard drive mount / Electrical

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 09:03:44 EST 2010

> So it's the order.  Turn on, plug in, no go.  Plug in, turn on, works.

Glenn's question reminded me of one of my own. While USB drives are
suppose to be plug and play, it seems to me a bad idea to be putting
anything in the USB port that already has electricity going to it.
It's almost like pulling memory out without unplugging the system
unit, it may not appear to hurt the system, but the system still has
electricity running through it, and damage could be done...