[kwlug-disc] Recommended printer / scanner all in one combo.

Mon Jan 18 09:13:38 EST 2010

On January 16, 2010 01:33:20 pm Charles M wrote:
> Thought I would mention that we recently tested a HP Deskjet F4180
> "All-In-One" printer with Ubuntu 9.10. It required NO intervention at
> all to work. It prints and scans without any extra driver installation
> (Ubuntu takes care of it all).

I highly recommend the Canon Pixma MP530. It's an inkjet that can duplex and
also has a scanner with an automatic document feeder. It just worked with
Linux as well, I believe.  SANE and CUPS even worked together properly. :-)

Oh, and the ink tanks are individual and only tanks, not the print head +
tank.  They are chipped, but the printer will ignore the chip.

-A.