[kwlug-disc] OpenWRT / 802.11n / USB / SD / GB - MAC filtering wi-fi side specific?

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Sun Jan 17 21:30:11 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 9:10 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
> Richard Weait wrote, On 01/17/2010 8:39 PM:
>>>
>>> And, of course, yet again, Canada Computer has no stock.
>>
>> In stock in Vancouver. $100
>> http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/222080/ASUS/RT_N16/
>
> Thanks. I've put the notion back on hold pending the fantastic deal you find
> for us on the routerstation pro.
>
> And info. back from Asus on the manual / wi-fi restrictions.
>

> I do find it interesting the resonance this topic ("OpenWRT / 802.11n / USB
> / SD / GB") has on the list. Clearly there's a need / frustration out there,
> at least in the geek buying public.
>
>        Especially, if I read correctly, your less than full of wonderfulness
> 'out of the box' openwrt experience. Aside from whatever 'weirdness' of
> overcame, I would have wished more wonderfulness for you.

I think you read too much into my willingness to take on another
hardware project to leave 1/finished.  ;-)

Indeed, if folks are interested in hacking WRT56GL devices, (no
802.11n, no USB) my old serial port conversion would probably still
work.  We can add two rs232 ports, hack in an SD card for extra
storage, and do another batch of my circuit boards for it all in
relatively short order.  Just another option.  But y'all are excited
about some of the new stuff, and faster / bigger / stronger plus USB
and perhaps miniPCI is a powerful force...