[kwlug-disc] Recommended printer / scanner all in one combo.

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat Jan 16 14:25:03 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 1:33 PM, Charles M <chaslinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thought I would mention that we recently tested a HP Deskjet F4180
> "All-In-One" printer with Ubuntu 9.10. It required NO intervention at
> all to work. It prints and scans without any extra driver installation
> (Ubuntu takes care of it all).

HP has the best support in Ubuntu (at least).

I have had an HP PSC 1315, and it works out of the box, nothing to install.
It runs as a PSC 1310. Scanning and printing works out of the box.

And, if you install the hplip-gui package from the repository, you get a
nice system tray icon that you can scan from into PDF, and it will tell you
how much ink is left, you can clean heads, and other things that I have not
tried too.

This is on Kubuntu 9.10, which is on our print server.

If only the ink was not so expensive on the HP inkject all-in-ones..
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.