[kwlug-disc] OpenWRT / 802.11n / USB / SD / GB - MAC filtering wi-fi side specific?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sat Jan 16 00:17:13 EST 2010

What he said. And ... there is only so much time in a day.

Also, such is a quick and dirty DMZ.

One of the irritating conundrums here is that everything wants to be
first next to the modem - LinuxMCE, MythBuntu, Asterisk, OpenWRT, the
list goes on. (It was actually your Asterisk/OpenWRT demo Lori, and
accompanying comments, that made me more inclined to go one of these
other routes with Asterisk, just from a simple horsepower / disk space
issue. Including a list comment of yours to play with the real things
on a real box, first, before playing with a more condensed, less
intuitive, version on an OpenWRT box. But I still want a small OpenWRT
black box kicking around - if only as the home network wi-fi gateway.
With additional goodness possible, due to OpenWRT.)

Khalid Baheyeldin wrote, On 01/15/2010 5:22 PM:
> Interesting for hack value.
>
> But would take more space and consume more power than off the shelf
> consumer embedded routers. Some of those have the hackability factor
> too with OpenWRT, and that is what we are looking for for a home/small
> office appliance.
>
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Lori Paniak
> <ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com <mailto:ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com>> wrote:
>
>     Instead of looking for proper hardware, why don't you build it yourself:
.
.
.