[kwlug-disc] [OT] single moniter >> dual monitors

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Jan 13 14:59:26 EST 2010

FWIW, a buddy has a single really big TV size monitor - quite often he
finds it to be too big. If it has, say, the resolution of 2 or 3
monitors, wide, it gets fiddly sizing windows appropriately and having
them stay where put. There seems, and YMMV, instances where just being
able to slide a window over to a monitor and hit maximize has a
certain simple elegance to it.

Note, the monitor is not the other side of the room for TV watching,
it's where you'd normally have your monitor at the end of a desk.

A single monitor might be great for a plane cockpit or a movie,
perhaps not so great in other situations. YMMV.