[kwlug-disc] [OT] single moniter >> dual monitors

Brian Nickle brian at nickle.ca
Wed Jan 13 09:54:26 EST 2010

I currently work from three monitors at work.  I would recommend multiple
monitors over one big one unless you are really good at window placement or
use a tiling window manager.  I tend to used each monitor with one window
maximized so this may have something to do with my preference.

My setup is:
USB to VGA -- for trouble ticketing system (left side)
VGA main -- for work I am currently doing (middle)
Laptop LCD Panel -- for email application (right side)

One case where one monitor is better is setup.  xRandR is really bad at
setting up multiple monitors I find.  I long for the good old days of
xorg.conf

My 2 cents
Brian