[kwlug-disc] Backup and Recovery in the 21st Century

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue Jan 12 13:19:33 EST 2010

Re: ext4.

The print server I had was a clean Kubuntu 9.10 install, and defaulted
to ext4. So I tried installing dump from the repository and it did install

I ran dump on the / partition and it seemed to work. I used restore to
list the contents of the dump and it did list the files in it.

So, are you sure that ext4 does NOT support dump?