[kwlug-disc] changes to .doc file from oowriter not tagged in word?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Jan 11 16:41:49 EST 2010

Try collaborating using Google Documents. It works well as long as the
number
of people involved is quite low.

Once you are done, export to .doc for the Windows guy/gal, and then .odf for

you and the other author. This is not a closed cloud, it is open.

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 3:46 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010, john at netdirect.ca wrote:
>
> > kwlug-disc-bounces at kwlug.org wrote on 01/11/2010 02:30:24 PM:
> > > From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>
> > >
> > >   i just heard back and the other editor now admits that, yes, the
> > > changes are visible.  i still have no idea what the problem is,
> > > since i don't run word and can't reproduce what he's seeing.  but
> > > if he now suggests that things are good, i'll leave it at that.
> >
> > I suspect you are editing open source related articles? Why not
> > suggest they use an Open Source tool, like Open Office?
>
>   i wish.  the author is using OO, as am i, but all content has to go
> through the publisher's project editor, who uses word.  he's
> responsible for numerous ongoing projects -- some OSS, some not -- and
> it's extremely unlikely he's going to change tools at this point.
>
> rday
> --

> Robert P. J. Day                               Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA
>
>            Linux Consulting, Training and Kernel Pedantry.
>
> Web page:                                          http://crashcourse.ca

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
http://2bits.com