[kwlug-disc] Backup and Recovery in the 21st Century

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Jan 8 22:53:02 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 11:08:02PM -0500, Bob Jonkman wrote:
> Brad mused:
>
>> If there is any interest in me elaborating on any of this I can spend
>> some time writing it up.
>
> Don't say things like that on the mailing list.  The alterlexic meeting
> coordinators will see that and think "...I can spend some time
> presenting that to the LUG".
>
> Would next January work for you? :-)

Let's not exaggerate. There's no need to wait until January. November
is open, and/or you could take one of the short demo slots in June
(which is looking pretty lonely right now).

- Paul

P.S. Those of us who use remote rsync for backups should read this:
http://www.sakana.fr/blog/2008/05/07/securing-automated-rsync-over-ssh/

I learned this the hard way. DON'T END UP LIKE ME.