[kwlug-disc] Reset SCSI library

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Thu Jan 7 22:37:19 EST 2010

I've got a scsi tape library, but occasionally it seems to stop working
on me.

If I use mtx to tell the library to take a tape from a drive that does
not have one, it seems to keep trying until it finally gives up.
Unfortunately it throws a bunch of "Request Sense" errors, and the
library is unusable until I power cycle it.

Aside from making a serial-connected power switch, does anybody have any
ideas on how to reset the device to working order?

--
Chris Irwin
e:  chris at chrisirwin.ca
w: http://chrisirwin.ca