[kwlug-disc] good live CD to test laptops in store

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 15:33:52 EST 2010

Why a CD? why not a bootable USB? These days it is more likely that you will find computers with USB ports than CDs.

And I think that you know the obvious "Linux" answer. Take a live CD/USB of the distribution/Desktop environment you are most likely to use.

I guess taking several wouldn't bee too bad. I have had mixed success with Hibernation and Auto suspend on lid close for example.

Some load the Synaptic driver for the touchpad, some you have to do it yourself.

Me? I would take an ubuntu, puppy and SuSE.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/