[kwlug-disc] Handling removable media

Daniel Jolkowski danijolk at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 12:26:57 EST 2010

USB automounting didn't work on my system until I added 'exec ck-launch-session window manager/desktop environment &' to .xinitrc.  I'm using thunar as a file manager and would give dbus and/or hal errors before I added the 'ck-launch-session' command.

I also had an issue with hal being started in the background.  Openbox would start before hal had completed what it needed to do to work properly.

Daniel