[kwlug-disc] htaccess

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Mon Jan 4 14:09:24 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 1:58 PM, Insurance Squared Inc.
<gcooke at insurancesquared.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to have some htaccess directives only apply to a main folder,
> but not subfolders?  or even better, to have it apply to all except 'some'
> subfolders?
> I'm using a wordpress install that uses htaccess to redirect pages, but it's
> affecting some subfolders and causing other stuff to not work.

Multiple .htaccess files.  The .htaccess file in the pwd overrules
those above it in the tree.  No local .htaccess file means look up the
tree until you find one.

".htaccess files (or "distributed configuration files") provide a way
to make configuration changes on a per-directory basis. A file,
containing one or more configuration directives, is placed in a
particular document directory, and the directives apply to that
directory, and all subdirectories thereof."

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/htaccess.html