[kwlug-disc] Proposal for kwlug to meet at First United - Expected Text of coordinator's proposal to his committee

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sat Jan 2 11:32:45 EST 2010

Richard Weait wrote, On 01/02/2010 12:44 AM:
> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca>
> wrote:
>> Dear kwlug:
>>
>> Please find below a close to final draft of what the First United
>> [ ... ]
>
> How often does First United Church host secular events?  Perhaps
> they have a stock answer to my concern below.
>
> Seems like it would be rude of us to ask that religious advocacy be
>  off-topic and prohibited during our Linux advocacy meetings at a
> facility built by and for religious advocacy.

 From Mike:

- OOTC is there every Friday night / Saturday morning.
(http://home.golden.net/~msavage/ootc/html/ootcindex.html)
- Baileys Foods, since last spring... were meeting every Friday, moved
to monthly on Mondays because of OOTC and no local fresh produce in winter
- Scouts, Cubs, Beavers, Girl Guides, Brownies, Sparks, etc. weekly,
and in different rooms
  - University women - occasionally, and annually have a large big
book sale
- GRT as required by them
- EASL is taught every day normally, on holidays right now
- over eaters anonymous,  have met here before,
- narcotics anonymous, laleche League meet weekly, and of course
numerous musical groups - wellington winds, symphony,
- stitch and kitch craft sale - annually
  - one year we had a dog obedience training group in

We also have run educational events. Likely we will do an
educational event from an environmental perspective later in the winter...

We have been used by numerous conference groups, computer training
groups, etc.

It is a busy building.

The best way to find out what is going on is to examine the bulletin
board. It has a monthly schedule of all events.