[kwlug-disc] Fwd: [TLUG]: WorldGaming is looking for a Sr. Linux System Administrator
richard at weait.com
Sun Feb 14 16:02:34 EST 2010
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ijaaz A. Ullah <ijaaz at digitalmethods.com>
Date: Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 1:06 PM
Subject: [TLUG]: WorldGaming is looking for a Sr. Linux System Administrator
To: tlug at ss.org
I've posted this to the classified section on the wiki, but I figured
that it'd hit more people this way.
WorldGaming (www.worldgaming.com) is a social networking site for
console video gamers.
(Xbox, PS3, etc) to meet one-another, talk smack, schedule games, and
participate in head-to-head games and multi-player tournaments for
pride, cash and prizes. We are a Toronto based startup, with a
growing community in North America and Europe, and expansion plans
into Central and South America and Asia. We are looking for a
seasoned Linux Administrator to join our team and help us continue to
mature and grow our environments.
At WorldGaming you will work with other smart, passionate,
collaborative and fun people who share your passion for technology.
As the Linux Administrator you will be responsible for day to day
management of the WorldGaming systems (production, staging, QA,
development and corporate IT) . This includes Linux Servers (CentOS),
Load Balancers, NAS, switches, routers and firewall gear. The
software stack includes Apache, Tomcat, PostgreSQL and Terracotta.
You’ll work on clustering and HA solutions, performance tuning,
24x7x365 (or x366 during a leap year) systems in a b2c space.
- Must have enterprise hands-on experience building, configuring and
maintaining a high-availability enterprise Linux environment utilizing
Apache, Tomcat, SSL and load balancing
- Knowledge of networking architectures and protocols and
troubleshooting tools, ethereal, Wireshark, etc
- Network and system performance tuning
- Comfortable running cables, racking/building servers, and
troubleshooting hardware issues.
- Experience managing network devices including switches, routers,
firewalls, VPNs, load balancers, etc
- Has implemented Bcfg2, Cfengine or puppet in a production environment
- Familiar with VMware/Xen virtulization
- Configured Postfix/Sendmail in HA environment.
- Familiar with Bugzilla, SVN, Nagios, Cacti, shell scripting, LDAP
and Kerberos. We are open source friendly.
- Experience with databases, namely PostgreSQL
- Participate in the on-call rotation for after hours incident resolution
- 5+ years of progressive experience in system administration in a
distributed Unix/Linux environment
- RHCE would be an asset
- A College diploma or University degree or relevant job experience in
computer science or engineering
To apply, send your resume to jobs at worldgaming.com
The Toronto Linux Users Group. Meetings: http://gtalug.org/
TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns
How to UNSUBSCRIBE: http://gtalug.org/wiki/Mailing_lists
More information about the kwlug-disc_kwlug.org