[kwlug-disc] Does mysql time out?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Feb 11 18:57:35 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Insurance Squared Inc. <
gcooke at insurancesquared.com> wrote:

> Is there any sort of timeout setting in mysql?

There are several timeout parameters for MySQL.

For example:

wait_timeout = 300
connect_timeout = 25

You can display what the values are by doing:

mysql> show variables like '%timeout%';

I've got a big-piggie of a website database that on my desktop allows me to
> edit pages, but on my webserver, the edit pages function dies (page load
> doesn't finish, browser says 'done'). And I don't think that it's php.   I
> think it's mysql getting bogged down somehow.

How long does it take? Check that against what PHP has in phpinfo().

PHP can set that in various ways, for example, max_execution_time in
php.ini, or set_time_limit() in the code itself.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.