[kwlug-disc] RedHat yum dependency handling

john at netdirect.ca john at netdirect.ca
Thu Feb 11 11:26:31 EST 2010

kwlug-disc-bounces at kwlug.org wrote on 02/11/2010 10:55:39 AM:
> There are 2 disabled repos: centosplus and contrib. Contrib is user
> stuff, and hence I am wary to use it.

> There is another one that I don't think is relevant (c5-media),
> since it involves physical media (?)
>
> I tried the command you suggested, with and without centosplus, but
> still got the same error:

On my Centos 5 install (done in December) I tried "yum install munin" and
"yum install munin-node" and both gave me the correct options.

The dependencies that are failing you are coming from rpmforge. Oddly the
copy of Munin is also coming from rpmforge.

try

yum --enablerepo=base,updates,rpmforge install munin

John Van Ostrand
Net Direct Inc.

CTO, co-CEO
564 Weber St. N. Unit 12