[kwlug-disc] Firefox tab addons - tab folders?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Tue Feb 9 08:00:26 EST 2010

unsolicited wrote:
> On list (your?) recommendation I loaded noscript. Not entirely sure
> I'm impressed with it. Think I added noreferrer and flashblock addons
> as well. Not sure I'm happier with noscript over just ad block plus.

Possibly my recommendation.  I recommend NoScript to everyone, as well
as Adblock Plus (not Adblock; that's a different add-on, long abandoned
by its author)

NoScript allows you to determine which sites are allowed to run
Javascript in your browser.  Adblock Plus prevents certain objects from
displaying in your browser.  Two different programs, and I use them both
at the same time.  The InterWebs aren't safe without them.

For tab manipulation I use Tab Mix Plus.  I've got mine set for three
ribbons of tabs before I get the left-right arrows.  But there's  a
pull-down box too, so I can go directly to the tab without scrolling
through them all.

--Bob.