[kwlug-disc] Firefox tab addons - tab folders?

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 8 20:45:03 EST 2010

--- On Mon, 2/8/10, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
> It would be
> nice to group these tabs into a single tab bar entry that
> was expandable.
>
> Suggestions?

Opera has "sessions"

You can save all the tabs in a particular browser window or across multiple browser windows in a session. When you want to re-load all the tabs, you just open a new window and select to open the session.

Natively in Firefox you can bookmark groups of tabs in a single bookmark so you just select that bookmark and all your tabs open. I don't think it is different than what you were talking about, except that when you open the bookmark all the tabs will have to load. I think it is no worst than waiting for 200 tabs to load every time you open the browser.

If you want it more like Opera:
http://www.techmalaya.com/2008/01/05/how-to-save-and-restore-mozilla-firefox-session-tab-states/

There may be other add-ons like that one.

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
http://rarsa.blogspot.com/