[kwlug-disc] Firefox tab addons - tab folders?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Feb 8 17:10:04 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 3:23 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:

> Khalid, recently, indicated he has something like 240 tabs open in Firefox.

Yes, it is a bad habit. Yes, I can stop anytime ... umm Ctrl-T. :-)

> I've had to go to taberwocky as firefox version updates have left whatever
> addon I was using in the dust.
>
> I now have three rows across the top of opened tabs. (I like tabs across
> the top, not the side.)
>
> This is getting irritating. Yes, I could close the tabs. Don't want to.
> tthhpptt.
>
> Any add ons out there that keep tabs along the top, but let me put them in
> folders? i.e. There are groups of tabs related to whatever I was
> investigating at the time, but haven't gotten around to a conclusion on yet.
> It would be nice to group these tabs into a single tab bar entry that was
> expandable.

I never bothered to have all the tabs visible. They scroll when there is
more of them on the screen. Normally this is one window only (the "read
later" window).

What I use is session manager (a life saver to open what I was in last time,
whether it is a crash or need to reboot because of a new kernel, ..etc.) and
NoScript, which stops javascript and Flash on most sites. Those two are the
reason Firefox uses so much CPU. Without NoScript,Firefox becomes very slow
with so many tabs opened most of them with ads dancing around.

> Suggestions?
>
> (Note, I'm not talking bookmarks, here. Opened tabs.)

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
http://2bits.com