[kwlug-disc] OT: DUG Talk: Contributing to Drupal

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Fri Feb 5 12:39:54 EST 2010

For some, this may be off topic, so apologies in advance for this.

Last meeting we mentioned the Waterloo Region Drupal Users group.
At the time we did not have a topic posted, but now we do, and I believe
some here would be interested in it from a non-Drupal perspective.

The topic is : Contributing to Drupal, and Andrew Berry will be leading the
discussion.

Here is more information http://groups.drupal.org/node/48473

Only a few of us are driver level kernel developers, and this has been seen
for a long time as THE way to contribute to Linux, with such a high
technical
and community barrier for contributing.

What would be interesting for the KWLUG folk is that this is a "from the
trenches" talk on how to contribute to an open source project.

The reality is that there are many other ways of contributing with much
lower bars that we all can do. Although code is often the sexy thing, it is
not the only thing, and there are equally important ways to contribute to
an open source project.

Come over on the 18th of February, and hear from people who do
contribute to a successful open source project.

Perhaps you will find a way so you can too.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.