[kwlug-disc] What's the best desktop distribution?

Daniel Jolkowski danijolk at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 18:39:31 EST 2010

>>I've never used arch and I'm not certain of everything you're trying to do but wouldn't scripts help?

Of course they would - its the fact that I would have to create and implement most of those script myself that is making me consider an Ubuntu.  In the past I considered the hands on nature of Arch a boon.  Now I am busy and just want a system that works without hours of configuring.

On that note - you end up with a fairly lean system with nothing you don't want installed.  And i686 optimization is nice.