[kwlug-disc] Jan 3: statutory holiday?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Dec 21 16:22:28 EST 2010

I am not sure Raul is correct. I'm also not entirely sure he is incorrect.

I believe we are running into local company policy / collective
agreements / common practice differences.

My guess is that many companies have a policy where if the stat. day
falls on a Saturday it is taken on the prior Friday. If it falls on a
Sunday, it's taken on the Monday.

I expect, however, the Monday is the stat., and the Friday is
convention for certain places.

Paul - to your point in the other thread, the kwlug policy is clear:
first non-holiday Monday of a month.

	What is not clear to you is is the 3rd the official holiday or not?
(i.e. Let's not FUD the kwlug policy - it's not how to interpret the
policy that is in question, it's the status of the 3rd.)