[kwlug-disc] Free e-waste drop off?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Tue Dec 14 15:40:42 EST 2010

Yes, this is Charles, who has replied on this thread to the list.

Note - this didn't used to be the case. Charles was so full of junk at
one point that he had to stop taking anything less than a P4. IIRC,
that policy has now been rescinded. [But doesn't mean they're going to
make use of anything less than a P4, probably more, now. Likely it
would go directly into the bins for the recyclers.]

Last time I was in, a few months back, a P4 2.x GHz (3.x?), was where
stock was topping out, in terms of performance. Those were, with
windows, $100. $50 without windows, IIRC.

Note to list: your lcd screens and dual cores are now obsolete, you
need to get them in to Computer Recycling NOW! Christmas is coming and
I have presents to buy. Trust me, IMO, it's all for a good cause -
every which way.