[kwlug-disc] new computer

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Tue Dec 7 18:29:25 EST 2010

Thanks for all the input on computers.  I took Lori's advice and hit up
Canada Computers.  A reasonable case, motherboard, 4 gigs of DDR3 ram,
and a triple core AMD Athlon II with taxes in came to about $336 bucks.
So I bought two, one for me and one for my wife :).  I also bought an
SSD hard drive for my wife's computer because she does more virtualization.

Just for comparison's sake, opening Gimp on my machine takes about 10-12
seconds.  Opening gimp on one of these new machines takes less than 2
seconds, and I don't even have a 64bit OS installed yet.

g.