[kwlug-disc] I added you as a friend on Quepasa.com

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sat Dec 4 14:29:48 EST 2010

Eric Gerlach wrote, On 12/04/2010 2:10 PM:
> On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 1:53 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
>> And a defence is to enable whatever preventative settings are present, to
>> disallow one site's data (cookies, at the least?) to be accessed by another
>> site? (This / these are the cross-site scripting 'settings'?)
>
> Install NoScript.  Breathe a sign of relief.

You assume Firefox, which, as Oksana indicated, doesn't apply to her
situation at the time.

Even Chrome's NotScript isn't nearly as good as NoScript. e.g.
NoScript lets me turn off ads.bigtent.com without turning off the rest
of bigtent.com. No so with NotScript - you turn off the higher level,
and get nothing, or don't, and get everything.

- I suspect a little google control here (somewhat kidding). This lets
you get google.com, but not deny ads.google.com. (Fictional example.)

And even with NoScript, if you've mis-clicked and allowed something
you shouldn't, in hindsight, it's still too late.

So, I'm guessing the message you quote still applies, even with
NoScript. (caveat emptor)