[kwlug-disc] setting up a multi-user git server

Johnny Ferguson hyperflexed at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 02:10:13 EDT 2010

I just got an account with rackspace, and I'm trying to find a guide for
setting up a multi-user git server.

I've created the git user, but I'm not sure how I go about allowing
multiple users to use git. Is there a simple way to let outside users
create and work with repositories on my server? (I'm thinking simple,
like github).

I'm sure the solutions are out there, but I haven't chanced upon them.

Also, if there's some kind of easy to use web interface, I'd like to
know about it.

Cheers,
Johnny