[kwlug-disc] Programming and books

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 23:03:49 EDT 2010

I receive the electronic version of Dr Dobbs which organizes the Jolt awards in several categories.

This year there are two books in the list that I think I should mention. Although I haven't read them, the reviews seem to be good:

For the beginner programmer:
Hello World! Computer Programming for Kids and Other Beginners

And if you've ever wondered why are there so many languages. What were the creators thinking, you may want to read:

Masterminds of Programming: Conversations with the Creators of Major Programming Languages

Twitter: rarsamx