[kwlug-disc] Bright Ideas

Fernando Duran liberosec at yahoo.ca
Wed Aug 11 10:51:37 EDT 2010

Hi,

I suggest finding what the developer likes, like a hobby etc, perhaps asking
directly or from web pages or friends.

Good default gifts for a geek are books, software and gadgets like the ones
in http://www.thinkgeek.com

I would definitively not send alcohol since (s)he may not enjoy it and also
there are special regulations in different countries regarding alcohol (for
example in a 'religious fundamentalist' place like some US states, it's illegal
to ship in even wine).

An idea is to avoid shipping, customs etc altogether and find something that can
be sent online, like an eBook, software, game or other online service
subscription, Amazon gift certificate etc. Besides this you can also send a
postcard with some local/Canadian theme.
Fernando Duran
http://www.fduran.com