[kwlug-disc] topic request

Eric Gerlach eric+kwlug at gerlach.ca
Fri Apr 30 20:54:32 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 11:19:40PM -0400, Stephen Palmateer wrote:
> Permission to request a discussion about building the linux kernel from
> source.
>
> I am attempting to build the CentOS 5.4 kernel from source and am
> frustrating my colleagues with questions they cannot answer.
>
> I have only been using linux (of one colour or another) for about a year now
> and have been attending the KWLUG meetings for the last four months.

I can do something on building kernels The Debian Way (TM) (also
includes Ubuntu), but I can't help with CentOS.  I could probably split
the presentation with someone else.

No demos though... takes a little while to build a kernel :-)

Also, I'm not ready to commit to a date on this one, so don't sign me
up.

Cheers,

Eric