[kwlug-disc] peoples' thoughts on apple, adobe and flash?

Shane shane.msg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 14:22:23 EDT 2010

Just as with all traditional companies, their marketing people have jumped on the new buzz word, "open source" without really understanding what it means.  They then have to redefine it for their own ends because they have shareholders and the lot.  They don't, and won't, operate under the principles of open source because they can't predict how profit will accrue or explain it to the aforementioned investors.

It has nothing to do with software.
================It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.