[kwlug-disc] Long distance providers

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Wed Apr 28 23:46:53 EDT 2010

unsolicted puzzles:

> I ultimately have no choice but a non-Rogers provider. And, since I
> can't get decent service over the bell copper, I have no choice but to
> use Rogers as a provider. The very model of a modern major catch 22.

Rogers, like Bell, is required by the CRTC to offer third-party access
to their infrastructure for independent ISPs.  Up to now, none of them
have wanted to deal with Rogers either, but Teksavvy will soon be
providing cable access in the GTA.  No word on whether it includes KW.

    http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r24137777-Ontario-cable-coming-soon-email-from-TSI

Synopsis from the DSLReports thread:  No throttling, but still limited
to the Rogers monthly caps.

--Bob.

Bob Jonkman<bjonkman at sobac.com>          http://sobac.com/sobac/
Software   ---   Office&  Business Automation   ---   Consulting

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 at 22:30, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote
about Re: [kwlug-disc] Long distance providers: