[kwlug-disc] Linux Job Position

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 11:21:34 EDT 2010

Hi all, a friend of mine forwarded me some information about a company
looking for a Linux System Administrator. The description as she gave
it to me is below. She just emailed me the job description, so it
should still be open. My suggestion would be to apply to the company,
but barring that I can forward any resumes to my friend (note, the
friend is a recruiter, she doesn't work for the company).

First Data, an ATM/Transaction Service company. They are looking for a
Sr. Linux Admin on permanent basis to interview and start immediately.
Salary is flexible.

Over 8 years of some UNIX admin, with last 2+ years in Redhat Linux
Administration (versions 3, 4 and 5 ideal) in high availability
environments

Solid experience with Internet Networking, using TCP/IP, IP Tables,
Linux boxes deployed directly on the Internet (no GUI’s/self contained
Linux boxes)

Solid experience with network Security issues (server hardening,
encryption technologies, firewalls)

Solid experience with installation of Linux OS, supporting
applications on MySQL DB, and some scripting experience with perl,
bash, etc

Performance tuning of Linux OS

Critical thinking mindset and attention to detail

Good English communication skills (as on-call 1 week monthly – carry a pager)