[kwlug-disc] YAK Internet + Home Phone deal for Kitchener

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Sun Apr 25 16:48:47 EDT 2010

In not sure it matters where the alarm box goes. I've often put it in front
of the DSL filter. In other words it's not protecting the alarm box.

The alarm box actually cuts off the rest of the house phones in order to
make a call. This would drop the dsl and any phone conversation in place.

I would guess that you could have both the DSL and alarm use the line at the
same time requiring the dsl filter in front of the alarm system.

  _____