[kwlug-disc] Samba / Windows connection

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Tue Apr 20 13:50:57 EDT 2010

----- "Charles M" <chaslinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> John I tried both smbpasswd and pdbedit -a -u to set up the samba
> account and password. I am able to log in with smbclient, wouldn't
> only having an /etc/passwd entry prevent this from happening?

Now I remember. Smbclient is doing a workgroup style login, the DOS lanman that your Ghost may be using is doing a domain login.

Check to make sure that your netlogin share exists and is accessible as guest. This usually means that you need a valid "guest account =" user.

--
John Van Ostrand
CTO, co-CEO

Linux Solutions / IBM Hardware